What is Advanced Facebook Monitoring and how do I set it up?
What is Advanced Facebook Monitoring with Qustodio?
Qustodio's Advanced Facebook Monitoring lets you see who your kids are interacting with on Facebook and what status updates, comments, pictures, and videos they’re sharing. It also shows who they are friending, what pages they like, as well as any post, event, like, etc. that is public, published or shared by or with your child. All of this is made available in the Social Activity tab in the Family Portal. Note that this feature can track when your child chats on Facebook and with whom, but it is not possible to read the actual conversation.
How do I set up Advanced Facebook Monitoring with Qustodio?
Advanced Facebook Monitoring is easy to set up. I's a one-time install that plugs into your child's Facebook account. Once enabled, it is attached to your kid’s Facebook account and monitors and reports activity regardless of what device your child is using to sign into Facebook.
To set it up, please follow these steps:
1. Activate the feature in your Family Portal
- Go to your Family Portal
- Select the Tab of the child/profile you want to monitor
- Go to the Rules > Social Monitoring
- Slide to Yes to enable Advanced Facebook Monitoring
2. Once enabled, the next time your child visits Facebook, he/she will see the following screen. The child must log into Facebook and accept the Qustodio application.
3. Once your child has accepted the Qustodio app and logged into Facebook, Qustodio starts monitoring your child’s activity no matter what device is used. It’s important to note they won’t be able to access Facebook until they accept the app.
4. On activating the Advanced Facebook Monitoring plug-in, you will start receiving information almost immediately. You can see this information from your Qustodio dashboard, which you can access remotely from any device, under Social Activity.
If the link with Facebook hasn’t worked yet, please try these steps directly on your child's Android or iOS device:
- Go on the Android or iOS device, open the Family Portal from there.
- In the Family Portal, for the user in question, turn Social Monitoring OFF and then ON again. This should automatically trigger Facebook’s opening.
- Log into Facebook as your child, or wait for them to log into www.facebook.com for the first time.
On a desktop device, please try these steps:
- Log out of Facebook.
- In the Family Portal, for the user in question, turn Social Monitoring OFF and then ON again.
- Log into Facebook or wait for your children to log into www.facebook.com for the first time.