Infos utiles aux Parents
Qustodio's top publication:
Even with the best technology, your greatest ally is your child.
Our best in class technologies, used well, can help bridge the digital divide and bring you closer to your child's digital life. Qustodio is not meant as a replacement for meaningful discussion with your child but can help you in those discussions.
Now that you’ve installed Qustodio, sit down and explain to your child why you installed it, the basics of internet safety and make sure they understand that you are always there to support them.
To start off, here are some tips to include in your discussion, summarized and
adapted from numerous sources and studies:
- 1Discuss internet safety with your child in a fun, informative way.
Tell them how exciting the internet is but that they need to take care and be responsible.
- 2Stay involved and maintain a continuous dialogue with your child.
Show interest and let them teach you as you teach them.
- 3Explain that they can always talk to you and show you anything they see or get sent online.
Make them understand that you're there to help and protect them.
- 4Make sure your child understands why they should not share personal information.
- 5Explain to your child how anything shared online, even privately, can become public.
Remind them that digital can be forever and they need to think before sharing.
- 6Help them understand why meeting new online contacts must be discussed and agreed with you.
- 7Discuss why passwords are needed and should never be shared.
- 8Monitor activities on all devices used by your child.
When you see a cause for concern, discuss before it can become an issue.
- 9Use age appropriate restrictions on devices, where possible.
- 10Educate yourself and keep up to date.
Remember that you can follow our blog for the latest insights.
Other resources you should check out:
Qustodio is not meant as a replacement for meaningful discussion with your child but can help you in those discussions.
These links are provided for information purposes only and no recommendation or endorsement should be understood.