What happens when I set time limits with Qustodio?
This article tells you what happens when you set time limits with Qustodio. You can also refer to this article to learn more about how to set up time limits in your Family Portal. Note that you can restrict all your devices to the same time limits, or you can set individual time limits by device.
Time limits on Windows and Mac devices
- The lock navigation option blocks Internet access on all browsers but allows access to other programs.
- The lock device option prevents both online and offline device use.
Note the following important information:
- Time for both web navigation and the entire device is counted from midnight to midnight, and not from the moment when you activate the time rules.
- The user has to log off from the user session or turn off the computer for time to stop counting. A simple lock of the user session will not be considered by Qustodio.
- The user can click in Qustodio's tray icon to see how much time is left (unless Qustodio is hidden on the device).
- A 5-min notice shows up before the user account is locked. However, this notice doesn't show up if the user is doing an activity in full screen mode.
Time limits on Android & Kindle devices
- The lock navigation option blocks all of the apps except for the home screen, the notification bar, the recent app list, and incoming calls.
- The lock device option blocks the entire device. In this case, the device will be completely locked. The user will only be able to place calls to emergency numbers, or to trusted contacts as set with the Panic Button feature. The user can also access the Qustodio app.
A notice is shown when the time allowance is almost reached, before locking the device, every minute, starting 5 minutes from the limit. However, this notice is not shown with the time schedule feature.
Time limits on iOS
-Lock Navigation: This option prevents the user of the device from browsing the Internet using Safari or Chrome. Also there is a lock screen with a message indicating that the navigation is locked once the time is up.
-Lock Device: This option blocks all web navigation and also prevents access to any application limited to age 4+ by the AppStore. Also there is a lock screen with a message indicating that the device is locked once the time is up.