How do I block a website using Qustodio?
This article tells you how to block a specific website using Qustodio.
Qustodio blocks specific types of websites using a variety of criteria. Some websites are blocked because they appear on lists of unallowed websites maintained by Qustodio and others. Other web pages and websites are blocked because Qustodio detects unwanted content on them.
Summary: To block a website, open the Qustodio portal. Go into your child’s account and choose Rules, then Web Browsing Rules. Enter the name of the website and choose Block.
Supported browsers for monitored devices
Qustodio can report and block websites on the following browsers:
- Windows computers: Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Mac computers: Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Android devices: Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Kindle devices: Amazon Silk Browser.
- iOS devices: Google Chrome and Safari.
Tip. We recommend that you discuss with your child which websites you’re blocking, and why.
How to Block a Website
1. Visit http://family.qustodio.com and log in.
2. Go to the tab for your child, and click on Rules.
3.In the web browsing rules tab, you can select entire categories of websites to block or monitor.
4. If you'd like to block an individual website, scroll down to the field below where it says "Add Website Exception", type a website URL, such as google.com. Then, in the pull-down menu which says "Allow", click the down arrow.
5. Choose Block.
6. Click Add.
7. Confirm that the website appears as blocked in the domain list.
Tip: Consider discussing the changes you’ve made with your child.