How do I configure time limits with Qustodio?
This article tells you how to configure time limits on the devices used by your children.
Summary: To set a time limit, open the Qustodio portal. Go into your child’s profile and choose Rules, then Time Usage Limits. In this section you can manage the time your child can use the device or access the internet.
Tip: We recommend that you discuss with your child why you are putting a time-limit on his or her device.
How to Configure Time Limits
1. Please visit http://family.qustodio.com and log in.
2. On the your child tab, choose Rules.
3. Choose Time Usage Limits.
4. To enable Usage Schedule slide No to Yes. Now choose the Restricted hours by highlighting them in red.
5. If you want to set weekday and weekend time allowance please go to Time Allowance section below. Slide No to Yes in order to enable this feature and select the number of hours your child is allowed to spend using the device.
Tip: Consider discussing the changes you’ve made with your child.
6. Please use the Device Lock Type section in order to select device action once your child has reached their limit:
Lock Navigation - Blocks internet access on all browsers. On Windows and Mac, it allows all offline device use. On Android devices, all apps dependent on internet will be blocked.
Lock Device - Prevents both online and offline device use
Alert Me - Sends you an alert when your child reaches his or her limit
Please note that time limits are a bit different on iOS devices, you can learn more about this here.
How to Configure Time Limits on Multiple Devices - Premium Feature Only
You can restrict all your devices to the same time limits, or you can set individual time schedules by device. To Enable Schedule by Device slide No to Yes.
Now you can switch between tabs for each device and manage time limits individually for each one of them.
Now you can manage each device following the process described above.