I'm having trouble with Qustodio for Android
Qustodio for Android offers a wide range of options and possibilities. It is easy to manage and powerful. If you experience any issues with Qustodio for Android, please read the important notices below, as well as the following basic troubleshooting steps.
- Qustodio for Android only works with the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox and the Android Stock Browser. If Qustodio fails to report any web activity, it might be because your child uses a different web browser (e.g., Opera). In this case, we recommend to block the use of any other web browser. For this, please go to your Family Portal to the user's profile and to Rules > Application Rules and block any other browser used there.
- Incognito mode: On Android 4.4 and previous versions, if your child browses the internet in Incognito mode, Qustodio cannot report the pages visited. Please read this article to find more information about Incognito browsing on Android with Qustodio and how to block it.
- Time usage limits: On Android, the “lock navigation” option blocks all of the apps except for the home screen, the notification bar, the recent app list, and incoming calls. With the “lock device” option, the entire device will be locked, but the user will still be able to call emergency numbers (e.g., 911), trusted contacts listed in Rules > Panic Button, or the password-protected Qustodio app.
- Applications rules: Note that applications will start showing up in your Family Portal in Application Rules only once they've been downloaded, installed and used at least once by the user. You can then enable application controls, allow or block specific applications and set a time limit for each application by clicking on the little clock icon next to the app you wish to limit.
- Calls and SMS: Refer to this article for more information on how to set up calls and SMS monitoring and blocking on Android.
- Geolocation: Refer to this article for more information on how to set up geolocation on Android.
- Panic Button: Refer to this article for more information on how to set up the Panic Button.
- Hide Qustodio: To hide Qustodio for Android, access your Family Portal and click on Settings > Devices. Select Edit device options and tick the Hide Qustodio option. Then, eliminate the icon on the home page of the device by pressing the icon until a trash can appears in the lowest part of the device screen and drag the icon there. Note that Qustodio will still appear in the running apps log of the device.
- Multi-user support: Qustodio doesn't support multiple users on Android devices. However, depending on the device, you might be able to download and install a copy of Qustodio for each user you want to protect.
- For better protection, check how disable the Guest profile in this article.
- You can also disable the Safe Mode following these instructions.
If you experience issues with Qustodio for Android, please read the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you installed Qustodio for Android properly. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to install Qustodio for Android.
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of Qustodio available from the Google Play Store. For this, go to the device, and search the Google Play Store for Qustodio. Click on Qustodio and on "Update."
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of the web browser (Google Chrome or the Android Stock Browser) available.
- Make sure that the Device Administrator permission on the device is active. Read this article to learn more about it.
- Some device Manufacturers, such as Huawei or Samsung among others, have added Battery saving options that can deactivate Qustodio on the device. Read more in this article to learn about it.
My child's device is blocked and I need to unblock it
On every block screen you can click on the settings button on the bottom right of the screen (the gear icon). After entering your password you can select "Disable protection" and then selecting on of three options:
- Disable Qustodio for period of time.
- Disable Qustodio until you turn it on again.
- Remove Qustodio. This option will uninstall Qustodio completely from the device.