I installed Qustodio on an Android device but it is not reporting activity
If you experience issues with Qustodio for Android, please check the notices below, as well as the following possible troubleshooting steps.
- To prevent kids from circumventing Qustodio's protection on Android, we recommend to set proper restrictions. For this, during the installation, please make sure to activate Qustodio as “device administrator”. Next, modify Qustodio's settings on the device: click on the Qustodio app, then on Configure this device, and then Device Settings. Turn “ON” the first Qustodio setting at the top to "Protect Android Settings."
- Qustodio for Android only works with the following two web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox and the Android Stock Browser. If Qustodio fails to report any web activity, it might be because your child uses a different web browser (e.g., Opera). In this case, we recommend to block the use of any other web browser. For this, please go to your Family Portal to the user's profile and to Rules > Application Rules and block any other browser used there.
- On Android 4.4 and previous versions, if your child browses the internet in Incognito mode, Qustodio cannot report the pages visited. Please read this article to find more information about Incognito browsing on Android with Qustodio and how to block it.
- Applications will start showing up in your Family Portal in Application Rules only once they've been downloaded, installed and used at least once by the user. You can then enable application controls, allow or block specific applications and set a time limit for each application by clicking on the little clock icon next to the app you wish to limit.
If you experience issues with Qustodio for Android, please read the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you installed Qustodio for Android properly. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to install Qustodio for Android.
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of Qustodio available from the Google Play Store. For this, go to the device, and search the Google Play Store for Qustodio. Click on Qustodio and on "Update."
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of the Android Operating System. Read this article if you update to Android 5.0 or Android L for more information.
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of the web browser (Google Chrome or the Android Stock Browser) available.
- Make sure that the Device Administrator permission on the device is active. Read this article to learn more about it.
- Some device Manufacturers, such as Huawei or Samsung among others, have added Battery saving options that can deactivate Qustodio on the device. Read more in this article to learn about it.